Friday, August 14, 2009

Did I say 14 pounds?

Jeez.

Karl weighs 17.5 lbs based on the kitchen scale (our bathrooms are way to small to keep a scale in there!). I don't know why I said 14 lbs the other day. I think I meant 17, as he was 16 lbs at his 6 month appointment.

Anywho, since I use this blog for my own record keeping, I needed to adjust it.

He's beginning to move himself places whilst on his belly. Just this inchworm kinda kicking movement, but he's getting himself places (within inches) when he sees something he wants (especially paper. Oh, how he loves paper.)

Ella's teacher has already had to talk to be about Ella's behavior in kindergarten. Yes. On the 3rd and 4th days of school. Apparently she gets up out of her seat all the time and likes to untie her shoelaces enough to where it becomes a distraction. Oh boy. I've got my work cut out for me.

9 comments:

Larissa said...

When I read your post I assumed you made a mistake, I didn't mention anything just in case he was a tiny baby. 17lbs makes more sense.

fuentes said...

I’m glade that was a mistype because according to our bathroom scale my 4 month old is about 16lbs and I was starting to think maybe I really was over feeding her chunky butt.

areyoukiddingme said...

Woo hoo! Go Ella - way too advanced for the slow pace of kindergarten!

Looks like you're going to have a rough year - chasing Karl and trying to keep Ella in line.

keanetwins said...

We was more than that at four months, Aunty Nancy. Combined, anyway.

L+G

Kristin said...

Go Ella Go!

Lisa said...

Why is it that babies love paper so much? Wow! Karl on the move already. Time sure is flying by.

Good luck with Ella and school. I am sure once she gets used to the setting it will all iron itself out...

Jamie said...

Eh. It's only days 3 and 4. Either she will figure kindergarten out or kindergarten will figure HER out!

jenn said...

Yay Karl- soon he will actually be getting himself into everything!
And I am sure Ella will get into the kindergarten routine... eventually! ;o)

akaiser said...

Aww Karl is getting so big! My lil gal was 15 lbs 13 oz at her 4 month checkup, so I can't wait to see what she is at her 6 month check up next week. She's so darn chunky but I love it.

My little guy is only a few months older than Ella, but he is going into 1st grade this year. And like Ella, he is quite the character. He's such a good kid, but he's been raising eyebrows since day one. When he first started daycare at the age of 2 1/2, the teacher once reprimanded him for something, to which he replied, "Don't talk to me that way or my grandma's gonna punch you out!"

Then last year in kindergarten, he figured out that if he complained enough to the teacher about something hurting, he would get sent to the nurse and get to call me... So, um, yeah. I feel your pain! Good luck this year!