Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Much Better.

Thank you for all the well wishes! Karl is doing much better. His fever broke yesterday afternoon and has so far kept it normal for today. He is still acting a tad bit cranky, but he's back to playing instead of snuggling. While I loved the snugglebunny I had, I'd rather him feel better.

We have an appointment with the ENT tomorrow morning to talk tubes for Mr Karl. I hope to get his surgery scheduled asap so we can get him as comfortable as possible as soon as possible. I'd like to say I'm not nervous, since I've been through 2 sets of tubes with Allison, but I'm still very anxious.

I remember back to when Allison got her first set of tubes and they let me hold her while she went under anesthesia. When they then took her from me and told me to go wait in the waiting room, I couldn't hold it together. I started bawling. I went to the waiting room, grabbed a tissue, picked a magazine and sat down. By the time I opened the first page, the surgeon was already back in the waiting room telling me she did wonderful. So I know it's a simple process and I know it's quick as can be, but I find myself pretty nervous about it all.

On a cute note, Karl is ALL ABOUT giving kisses right now. He started giving kisses months ago, but it was very hit and miss - way more missing than hits. Now, when you look at him and ask "kisses?" - he immediately comes at you with an open mouth. I absolutely adore it. Oh, and he'll also respond to "love?" with laying his head down on your chest while he lets you cuddle him. I just love this stage of development!

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Glad Karl is feeling better, and I love baby kisses! So sweet!

Jules said...

Glad he is feeling better! So hard when they are sick :(

Jamie said...

I am so glad Karl is feeling better! I hope you get his procedure scheduled soon and he is on his way to ear-infection-free times.

Denise said...

So glad Karl is feeling better! Love those open-mouthed baby kisses!

areyoukiddingme said...

How sweet! (The kisses and love thing)

Hope his ear tube insertion goes well - those ear infections are THE WORST!

jenn said...

I hope he only needs one set of tubes & it all goes well. Poor baby!
I love the 'love'! Caiden's all sorts of cuddly these days & it's awesome! I can't wait for hugs & kisses on command...

Anonymous said...

Oh, poor baby! Glad Karl is feeling better though!

Morgan Owens said...

I'm so glad Karl is doing better! Mason is finally over his DOUBLE ear infection which was horrible!