Saturday, September 11, 2010

Cooler nights = new wardrobe.

We went out the other night and I had to put the children in warmer clothes. It made me realize the only person to have clothes that fit was Allison since she uses ella's hand me downs. Both Karl and Ella needs a fall/winter wardrobe.

The girls wearing school uniforms helps a bit, which is nice. I bought some pants and long sleeved shirts at the beginning of the school year when everything was on sale. But regular clothes is a different story.

I bought a bunch of clothes today for Karl at target. And picked up a few pair of jeans for the girls. I will wait for the next 20% off sale at target to get ella's new clothes.

I did go a little crazy with the shoes for the girls though. I bought some brown mary janes for each of them and got the cutest ugg knockoffs too. So flippin cute. I also got some clearance flip flops and some slippers too. Hello. My name is nancy and I'm a shoeaholic.

Along with being addicted to shoes, I'm also addicted to coats and jackets. On the way out of the store, I spied their new jacket collection. I got myself a beige overcoat and the cutest sage green fitted jacket by converse. I swear I have about two dozen jackets. I'm horrible! But that's all I bought for myself.

I wish these kids didn't grow so much! Or at least slow down so I didn't have to buy a complete new wardrobe with every change of the season.


Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

4 comments:

jenn said...

I hit up the oshkosh & carters online clearance a few weeks back & got what I ~hope~ is her next summers wardrobe all at 60-90% off. But she's had a major growth spurt & today the 24 month onesie I put on her last week is pulling! Thankfully she's short so the tees & shorts & pants work for much longer than usual.
But it happens so quick! She went from size 4 to size 5 shoes in less than a month- 2 new shoe wardrobes (because I think we should belong to the same S.A. group!) in a freaking month.
I will have to check out target after payday... love that store a little too much!

Tara said...

Haha... when I read the title I thought of coolers - as in the drink and thought perhaps there was some wild night in which your clothes got wrecked due to a |"cooler night".

Ahhhh... I need to get out of this house.

Lisa said...

Buying clothes for kids is so expensive especially when you consider the frequency with which you need to buy them.

I am lucky enough to have a twin mommy that lives across the street. Her twin boys are 5 years older than mine. Her youngest son is a year older than my boys so all of their clothes have been handed over to me. What a blessing especially since we don't have Target's here in Canada!

Kristin said...

It's bad for us because our oldest two wear almost identical sizes. It makes buying clothes pricey. Gabe has tons of hand me downs though.