Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Potty training, day one.

It's time. It's time to suck it up and potty train Allison.

Although she's been going on the potty for months, she goes to school in panties and if I (or her teachers) stay on top of her, she'll stay dry all day, it's time to finish up the process.

Nighttime.

And the way I do this is just get ready to do a lot of laundry. No more pull ups. No more "just at night" diapers. Panties all the way. Make or break time. She'll wet the bed for the next few night and if she's anything like Ella, by Monday, we'll be done.

----
a pre-update update. I actually started this last night (monday night) and she wet the bed in the middle of the night. She changed herself then came to get me to change the sheets. Tonight, after she went to bed, she's got up 3 times to pee in a 5 minute time period. After the second time, she asked me for a diaper and I said "no, you are a big girl now." She then got up a third time and pooped in the potty. Yup, we're well on our way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

could you please come to texas and potty train my son. ;) he wants nothing to do with the potty AT ALL and he is super smart he know letters number shapes so many words it's a little scary but no potty. i am at a loss. i have potty envy lol!