Thursday, August 14, 2008

Don't cry over spilled milk.

The kids are both well past sippy cups. I do hand them out during a weekend or evening, but for the most part, it's cups all the way. Especially at the table.

Allison has been spilling her milk almost every single damned day. I give off my initial shock at the spill, she freaks out and then I try to calm her down, telling her it's an accident. But how many daily accidents do we have to go through until it becomes a problem?

She simply isn't watching what she is doing. She usually clips her plate, which is what causes the spill. And I realize she is only a few days away from 3 years old. I'm not expecting her to ~never~ spill her milk, but a little less would be fantabulous. Well, we are working on it. We're working on paying attention every time she sets down her cup. To watch where the cup is being placed. The past few days have been going swimmingly.

Last night, we had a strange eating night. Daddy was out of town, so we kind of had a lax dinner. I had bought some little piggy banks they could paint and had told them they could paint after school. The day ended up being a little longer than I had planned due to work, so after we were all settled, I asked if they would rather paint or eat. Allie wanted to eat, Ella wanted to paint. Due to the fact I was reheating some pancakes (gasp!) I had made earlier in the week, I could oblige their request.

Ella started painting in her spot and Allie ate. When it was time to switch, I switched the girls in each other's spot because I had the paper all laid out for painting where Ella sat. The girls started going to town and within minutes, I hear it. The classic sound of a cup of milk tipped over. However, it was Ella, not Allison. Ella hasn't spilled milk in forever.

I'm starting to wonder if Allison's spot is a haunted milk spilling spot. :)

1 comment:

Birdee said...

(giggle) way cute story.