Saturday, January 5, 2008

I'm really excited about our plans for Saturday.

It's actually just later today. Actually, it's only a little less than 9 hours away. It's 1:45am and I'm still wide awake.

I signed the girls up for an 8 week session of "Trampoline Gymnastics & Power Tumbling".

It's about damned time I signed the girls up for something like this! I always wanted to take my kids to gymnastics or dance or sports or something. And they are both finally old enough to go to something together. I'm thrilled.

Allison will be in "Diaper Gym": 0 to 3 yrs. -Parents are taught how to teach rolls, muscle memory positions, handstand skills and lots of upside down tasks and bungee flipping, put together in such away as to develop a child’s motor skills, air awareness and sensory integration beyond natural means. “Play” is unusual in that children can learn flips simply, without fear or pain! Graduation happens when parents help their child through “shadowing” a preschool class and a bond develops between child and teacher.

Ella will be in "Preschool Gymnastics": A broad program developing sensory integration through rolls, handstand skills, cartwheels, positions through muscle memory, short routines, bungee flips, flip flops, star walks, climb the mountain, rope climb, fun strength conditioning, feel good stretching, persistence, respect & social skills.

Both Tom and I will go tomorrow for a free session to make sure we want to enroll in the 8 week course that starts next week. It's one day a week on various days, which we'll attend the Sat 10:30am sessions. But, if we are out of town on that weekend, we can opt for a Wednesday or Thursday 5:45pm session. Cool, eh?

OMG. At the end of the 8 week session, Ella will probably have a little routine recital. My heart just did a flip flop.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwwwwwwwww i want a girl!!!! I'm stuck waiting until four when he can do soccer/tball ect!

Jenera said...

How exciting! My brother and I did gymnastics when I was 5 and he was 3 and we loved it. I'm sure they'll love it.

Kaci said...

That sounds like a lot of fun for the girls. Maybe a little for you too? Hopefully you've already told how it went - I'm catching up!