Sunday, October 4, 2009

Sunday's Guest Blogger ... Hollie!

The Joys of Motherhood

Hi everybody! My name is Hollie, and I blog on Everything Changes. I am honored that Nancy is allowing me to guest blog for her. I met Nancy on the TTC Infertility Conditions message board. We went through IVF together, and our sons were born 1 day apart! So I do feel a special connection to Nancy. Nancy was also my inspiration to start a blog. I enjoy writing about being a mommy, my family, my life, and whatever strikes me for that day.

Today I bring you… some of the little joys of being a mommy to a little boy. Note – my son is 8 months old.
  1. Bringing a little screaming crying bundle of joy into the world.
  2. The first time your child smiles at you.
  3. The first time your child smiles at you after they smear poop everywhere.
  4. Having said little bundle kick you, slap you, bite you, and scream in your ear… all at the same time! And you don’t mind!
  5. Being peed on, pooped on, puked on, and you don’t mind. Well maybe you mind a little bit.
  6. Pumping your breasts at work with the door locked, still hoping no one barges in.
  7. Taking your child out in public and always being told how cute he is. I think he’s the cutest kid in the world of course.
  8. Spending all of your money on the child.
  9. Wanting to sell our house, sell half of what we own, all so I can stay at home with my son. He has really changed me!
  10. Finally, looking at his sweet angel face when he is sleeping.

There really is nothing greater than being a mommy! I’m sending love to all of the mommies out there!

Keep up the good work!

5 comments:

Hollie said...

Just wanted to comment in case someone wants to check out my blog.

Sarah said...

It's amazing how once you become a mom, nothing gross can really bother you anymore... :)

nancy said...

Hollie, thank you for posting on my blog while I was away. I really appreciated it!

And what a good start of a list. I agree with every single one of them and then I have like 100 more things I could add. Isn't being a mommy just the best thing you've ever done in your life? It's posts like this that make my heart ache for the girls still living with IF and still TTC. I want for all of them to succeed SO badly, it hurts.

Thanks again Hollie!

Kristin said...

Those are all wonderful mommy moments.

jenn said...

What a great list! I definitely agree with all of them- but had to chuckle in knowing agreement at #4 & 5!