Hi everybody! My name is Hollie, and I blog on Everything Changes. I am honored that Nancy is allowing me to guest blog for her. I met Nancy on the TTC Infertility Conditions message board. We went through IVF together, and our sons were born 1 day apart! So I do feel a special connection to Nancy. Nancy was also my inspiration to start a blog. I enjoy writing about being a mommy, my family, my life, and whatever strikes me for that day.
Today I bring you… some of the little joys of being a mommy to a little boy. Note – my son is 8 months old.
- Bringing a little screaming crying bundle of joy into the world.
- The first time your child smiles at you.
- The first time your child smiles at you after they smear poop everywhere.
- Having said little bundle kick you, slap you, bite you, and scream in your ear… all at the same time! And you don’t mind!
- Being peed on, pooped on, puked on, and you don’t mind. Well maybe you mind a little bit.
- Pumping your breasts at work with the door locked, still hoping no one barges in.
- Taking your child out in public and always being told how cute he is. I think he’s the cutest kid in the world of course.
- Spending all of your money on the child.
- Wanting to sell our house, sell half of what we own, all so I can stay at home with my son. He has really changed me!
- Finally, looking at his sweet angel face when he is sleeping.
There really is nothing greater than being a mommy! I’m sending love to all of the mommies out there!
Keep up the good work!