Friday, October 23, 2009

The Tooth Fairy Cometh

Look what happened at school yesterday! She was freaking ~thrilled~ when I picked her up. She came running up to me with this little missed tooth smile...



Awhile ago, I purchased little tooth fairy dolls from The Land Of Nod. It's a little doll holding a little bag to put the tooth in, so the tooth fairy can find it easily. She wanted the tooth fairy to let her keep her first tooth, so Tom wrote this little note and pinned it to the doll:

"Dear Tooth Fairy, This is my first tooth. Can we please keep it? You can have the next one. ♥ Love, Ella"

Seriously. How cute is that?

Late last night, I snuck in the room and took the note and rolled up two dollar bills and put it in the bag. I left her tooth. About 3am, she came into my room just sobbing - half asleep, she said the tooth fairy left her money but didn't leave the tooth. I showed her that her little tooth was still in the bag and she grinned and went right back to sleep.

This morning, she was so happy she got "paper moneys", as she calls it. I know some people leave a lot more than $2 (seriously - a friend of mine gives $20 per tooth!), but in this house, we decided two bucks was the going rate.

My little girl is growing up.

14 comments:

Jen said...

It seems so hard to believe that Ella is old enough to be losing teeth. Crazy!

I was a late bloomer in the teeth department, and didn't lose my last one until I was 15 years old. By then the tooth fairy stopped coming. So not fair :(

Lisa said...

So cute! I love the idea of the doll. It seems a little less crazy than trying to get under their pillow to get the tooth.

Misty Dawn said...

How adorable!

Regan said...

That sounds adorable! Having that doll sounds like a great idea, I will have to look into it for Sam. I wonder when he will start losing teeth? Hes only a couple months younger, so I will be on the lookout! :-)

Tara said...

I love this post.

jenn said...

Aw!!! I ~love~ the gap toothed smiles! The doll sounds like a great idea!

Denise said...

$20 per tooth? Yikes! I think I got $0.10 per tooth. Inflation has really caught up with me, I guess.

Sarah said...

Aw, how cute!

Jenera said...

What a cute idea about the doll-and the note!

We only got 50 cents for our teeth, lol.

Photogrl said...

How sweet!

Miss O. has a loose tooth...every day she asks me if it's going to fall out.

$2 a tooth!?! Dang, inflation has gone up! ;)

Ali said...

Due to a rash of newly lost teeth at school by friends, and Lauren's own first loose tooth, I went on a crazy spree through the house a couple days ago looking for the Tooth Fairy Kit I got as a baby shower gift 5.5 years ago. Amazingly, I found it!

(You need to update your blog header picture on here with all three kids!)

RN Mama said...

Awww... congratulations Ella! My first grader still hasn't lost a tooth, and she is totally bummed out:) Btw, I think $2 is more than enough...my boss is a millionaire and he gives his daughter 25 cents! Cheap bastard.

Anonymous said...

LOL, I remember giving my son 5 dollars for his first tooth, I knew he wanted to buy a certain toy so I was trying to help him out. I didn’t have a washing machine so used the laundry mat and happened to only have five dollars in quarters, so that's what DS got.
Next day, DS came home from school with 5 dollars in bouncy balls (lmao)
He was so serious and excited when he explained he was going to be a bouncy ball collector!
I think he just liked putting the quarter in the machine, turning the knob and getting a surprise color bouncy ball (20 times).


Just Me

Jamie said...

I have friends who leave an extraordinary amount of money for a tooth as well. I realize there has been some inflation since I last lost a tooth, but come on!!