Monday, September 28, 2009

7 things you don't know about me

I was nominated for the "Kreativ Award" from the beautiful Lisa. She is the mommy of two gorgeous little boys, twins Zachary and Nicolas and blogs at "Our Janidlo Clan".



Rules:

1-Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
2-Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3-Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4-Name 7 things about yourself that people may not know.
5-Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.
6-Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7-Leave a comment on each


Hrm. Seven things you don't know about me. This is going to be hard.

1. I was a competitive gymnast for 9 years. I used to practice before school and after school, along with every weekend. Thank goodness I went through a growth spurt and got too lanky for gymnastics and could no longer stay a good gymnast. I got my childhood back!

2. I know every word to the movie "The Breakfast Club".

3. In 5th grade, I went to a school assembly for "DARE" and actually took mental notes of what drugs I wanted to try because they sounded fun. (yeah, that program totally didn't work for me!)

4. I played violin for 3 years in elementary school and was in the advanced group. I had NO IDEA how to read music and I faked every single concert. I would just watch the person in front of me and would copy their bow movements.

5. I was a good kid in Jr High and never ditched a class ever. The first time I ditched in high school, I took the side streets because I really thought there was truant officers out on the lookout for kids ditching class. I would hide whenever a car came down the road.

6. Once in high school, I was the bad girl. I was the one who would sneak in wine coolers to slumber parties. They'd always be warm because I would hide them under my bed. I would steal one or two from my parents and collect them to take with me to the next slumber party I went to. Then we would all take sips from the 2 or 3 I had collected and we'd pretend to get drunk.

7. I didn't get my period until I was 16 years old. Talk about late bloomer!


I'm nominating the following people for the Kreativ Blogger award (Why is it spelled Kreativ? I guess it ~is~ a creative way of spelling the word!) because I would love to see 7 things I don't know about them!

1. Shayna
2. Jenn
3. Laurel (aka Bay)
4. Jen
5. Jen
6. Jewels (private blog so I'm not linking to her, but I do want to see her answers!)
7. Julie (aka Jules)

8 comments:

Lisa said...

Thanks for accepting the award and filling out the 7 things. Many of them shocked me especially the violin.

Robin said...

It doesn't surprise me that you were the bad girl at slumber parties! I was the nerd you used to bully into taking a drink of the wine coolers!!! LOL

I love the Breakfast Club also!

Jen said...

Thanks for the award! I will be doing this post tonight, so be looking for my answers.

We have something in common, I two months shy of my 16th birthday when I got my period too.

Thanks again!

Kristin said...

What a fun list. I think you should try to come up with an other 7 things we don't know just to see if you can do it.

jenn said...

Thanks! I'm working on mine now- of course, finding 7 things I haven't already shared is tough!
We also have some similarities in here- I was also a gymnast, but stopped just shy of competitions- I wanted to be a kid too!
I love that you played the violin in the advanced group without reading music!

Sarah said...

Nancy, you were such a badass! LOL.

I didn't get my period until 15, and I thought that was late.

MrsDrink said...

Thank you Nancy. You rock! I attempted to fix the commenting on my blog but if you still can't comment, lemme know!

xo

Birdee said...

Yes, I'm finally catching up on some blog reading.
This is so funny, I ... just relate to so many of your 7 things. ::giggle::
*Bad Girl (Yes, me)
*Late Bloomer
*I sucked at gymnastics
*Great at faking ;)